Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bikram Yoga 30 Day Challenge--Day 26: Tuesday, 12/13/11

On the 26th Day, it occurs to me that I have achieved what I set out to do with this Challenge.  I have felt such a level of calmness in my practice and in my life.   In the first few weeks of the Challenge, I was more observational about the practice and the Yoga. Now, I practice from an internal place that has very little to do with who else is in the room or even the instructor.

I am now able to just go to class and let the experience happen.  It is so much easier to be in that space.  The path of least resistance if you will.  Of course, some of this is the joy that happens as you get closer to achieving a goal.  I am thankful on this day that it feels so good to be nearing the home stretch.

Most of it, I think, is what happens when you make something a good habit.  It becomes instinct.  Part of who you have trained yourself to become.  The execution becomes easier because you have done the work to build a solid foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment